Skeletor

Talk About Whatever

3,731 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, fangore said:

I hate gacha too, the only reason I picked up FE Heroes is cause I'm such a huge fan of the main series.  However they handle gacha pretty well, FTP players with focus can get to the top level arena (20) or you can stick around a few levels below that and instead build a bunch of different heroes.  All the other various modes and content can be completed FTP as well.  

I've been waiting forever for FE Switch.  Since FE heroes made $295 million last year, I am hoping FE Switch gets the top end budget that big name franchise games such as Mario and Zelda gets.  Have you played the other main FE games, Yue?  Which ones do you like most?

I'm just hoping they don't incorporate gacha-like elements with how successful the mobile game has been l0l.

I really liked Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, and Radiant Dawn.

I liked Awakening, Fates was ok, Echoes voice acting was great but maps were a bit forgettable IMO.

Which FE games have you played?

12 hours ago, fangore said:

Well gacha is gacha, even in a game with as good rates as Fire Emblem heroes.  However the legendary banner is more if you want 2 or 3 units on the color you pull from.  Trying to snipe a single character, is actually less efficient than if you tried to pull them on a normal banner.  Though of course with seasonals there isn't much other opportunity to get them. 

Yeah I know I was pulling blue for Summer Corrin and Ephraim, and Green for Gunnthra and B!Ike i believe was the other one, at least I ended up with 4 Gunnthras. Actually if I would have knew that Morgan and spring camilla were going to be in the pool soon, I would have skip the legendary banner tbh, which only made me even saltier xD  Anyways I am going to come back to the game son I just needed a break because I have been playing since launch.

4 hours ago, Yue said:

I'm just hoping they don't incorporate gacha-like elements with how successful the mobile game has been l0l.

I really liked Blazing Sword, Sacred Stones, Path of Radiance, and Radiant Dawn.

I liked Awakening, Fates was ok, Echoes voice acting was great but maps were a bit forgettable IMO.

Which FE games have you played?

Lol, I don't think gacha will ever enter the main series.  Even with Heroes they've continuously adjusted and improved it according to feedback, cause they don't want to tarnish the main series name.  

I've played every FE game, even the Japan only ones.  If I were to rank them in my order of personal preference.

1. Genealogy of the Holy war.  My absolute favorite hands down.  The music, epic story, massive maps several times the size of the ones in other games, the children/marriage system done right, etc

2. New Mystery.  Had some really interesting maps where you had to flee OP promoted units, it was an unforgettable adrenaline rush.  Also good story.

3. Path of Radiance. Brought back skill system from the SNES games, biorhythm interesting, and just really polished.  Hard to really find a flaw to the game, other than the poor combat animation

4. Fire Emblem Echoes.  I think this had the best art style of the series and I also loved the voice acting.  Split route is interesting.  

5. Blazing Sword. Yeah first one I played, liked the 3 lord concept.  

6. Thracia 776.  Kind of a midquel to Genealogy, known as the hardest game.  Really interesting stuff like capture command, and fatigue system that wouldn't return.  

7. Awakening.  Good story, maps are somewhat too open and enemy AI is very aggro, some new mechanics that were somewhat broken but very interesting like the dual rally stuff.

8. Binding blade.  Sequel to Blazing sword, fairly similar but less polished.  

9. Radiant Dawn.  Making height matter, multiple parts with different casts, this was an incredibly ambitious game.  Unfortunately the pacing and balance is very off.  A remake could make this shine

10. Sacred Stones.  Monsters, split promotions, I thought it was just too much of a cakewalk though.  

11. Fates.  Conquest had great gameplay but really copped out on being the villain in the story, birthright was average gameplay and Corrin was a bit more bearable here, Releveations was just poor

4 hours ago, Astraea said:

Yeah I know I was pulling blue for Summer Corrin and Ephraim, and Green for Gunnthra and B!Ike i believe was the other one, at least I ended up with 4 Gunnthras. Actually if I would have knew that Morgan and spring camilla were going to be in the pool soon, I would have skip the legendary banner tbh, which only made me even saltier xD  Anyways I am going to come back to the game son I just needed a break because I have been playing since launch.

I love Gunnthra.  I also pulled 4 of her, so I have her at +3 and she is my summoner supported unit.  

1 hour ago, fangore said:

Lol, I don't think gacha will ever enter the main series.  Even with Heroes they've continuously adjusted and improved it according to feedback, cause they don't want to tarnish the main series name.  

I've played every FE game, even the Japan only ones.  If I were to rank them in my order of personal preference.

1. Genealogy of the Holy war.  My absolute favorite hands down.  The music, epic story, massive maps several times the size of the ones in other games, the children/marriage system done right, etc

2. New Mystery.  Had some really interesting maps where you had to flee OP promoted units, it was an unforgettable adrenaline rush.  Also good story.

3. Path of Radiance. Brought back skill system from the SNES games, biorhythm interesting, and just really polished.  Hard to really find a flaw to the game, other than the poor combat animation

4. Fire Emblem Echoes.  I think this had the best art style of the series and I also loved the voice acting.  Split route is interesting.  

5. Blazing Sword. Yeah first one I played, liked the 3 lord concept.  

6. Thracia 776.  Kind of a midquel to Genealogy, known as the hardest game.  Really interesting stuff like capture command, and fatigue system that wouldn't return.  

7. Awakening.  Good story, maps are somewhat too open and enemy AI is very aggro, some new mechanics that were somewhat broken but very interesting like the dual rally stuff.

8. Binding blade.  Sequel to Blazing sword, fairly similar but less polished.  

9. Radiant Dawn.  Making height matter, multiple parts with different casts, this was an incredibly ambitious game.  Unfortunately the pacing and balance is very off.  A remake could make this shine

10. Sacred Stones.  Monsters, split promotions, I thought it was just too much of a cakewalk though.  

11. Fates.  Conquest had great gameplay but really copped out on being the villain in the story, birthright was average gameplay and Corrin was a bit more bearable here, Releveations was just poor

Wow, I didn't expect you to have played more titles than me.

I didn't know height mattered in Radiant Dawn. Oh you mean the terrain, not the characters. I thought that was pretty cool, I hope they bring it back. I didn't like how in the end you get access to all the Laguz royals which were basically better than like all your units though l0l. The last part of that game was my least favorite.

10 minutes ago, Yue said:

Wow, I didn't expect you to have played more titles than me.

I didn't know height mattered in Radiant Dawn. Oh you mean the terrain, not the characters. I thought that was pretty cool, I hope they bring it back. I didn't like how in the end you get access to all the Laguz royals which were basically better than like all your units though l0l. The last part of that game was my least favorite.

Yeah I was surprised they didn't bring it back (terrain height mattering) in the 3d games, but I guess graphically the maps are flat so they couldn't.  Maybe they'll bring it back on the switch.  

Yeah the laguz royals, I thought it was cool to be able to use them story wise, but balance wise/gameplay it was bad cause they were too strong.  Then of course the Ike/Greil mercenaries are just insane in that game too.  

Im around 9.3k master point right now . I swear to god , if i reach grand master this month , i will craft 3 giant chimera and 3 runie as respect for rune  , and begin to playing  meme in ranked ,  wish me luck guys  ( if i cant reach GM this month , well i think i will quit this game for good) 

Screenshot_20180420-152953.jpg