acelee

Post your 5-0 Arena Decks here!

60 posts in this topic

Thought it would be nice for others to reference decks that went 5-0 in Arena.

This is my second perfect run, and I did it with Runecraft! I always thought Runecraft would be weak in Arena based on how it functions on ladder, but just like Hearthstone, Mage can suck in constructed but rule the Arena due to some OP spells and mechanics. (Current Mage in HS is pretty good in constructed btw.)

Highlights of this deck were Petrification x2, Winter's Caprice, Ancient Alchemist, Dragonbond Mage, Alchemical Lore

Petrification: Good soft/hard removal for late game or pesky followers. (Mordecai? pshhh)
Winter's Caprice/Alchemical Lore: Runecraft's Skillstrike (HS)
Ancient Alchemist: Or any of the other cards that give you a guardian golem. Those things are the bane of swordcraft players. This card alone is like a 5-for-1.
Dragonbond Mage: Runecraft's Zinitra or Antonidas (HS). Save some cheap or reduced spells and get a free 5/5 dragon on the board? OP

Runecraft Arena 20160831

1.png

Won all 5 games without using Apocalypse followers.

Had 2 5-0 with swordcraft but didn't capture the deck...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Vastly different from HS, it seems the 5-0 decks are basically replicas of strong constructed decks. Of course that could work in HS, but there's no guarantee you can mimic one like in Shadowverse. Those sword and shadow decks look almost identical to lists I run on ladder. Conversely, I wonder if my 5-0 Rune deck could work on ladder =P

I can use stuff like this. But from my experience, it isn't until the end where you're assured of a Legendary that may or may not be useful. Otherwise, everything from start to end is just luck of the draw.

I did Sword and then Dragon, wound up with 3-2 both times.

I went 4-1 my past 2 times (one with bloodcraft and other with shadowcraft)

1 person likes this

Beat 3 swords, 1 shadow, and 1 rune with this one (2nd time I've gone 5-0 out of like 15 plays or so)

IMG_0291.PNGIMG_0292.PNG

The amount of not-forestcraft decks here disturbs me.

2 people like this

2 hours ago, Skeletor said:

The amount of not-forestcraft decks here disturbs me.

I didn't take screenshots, but if it can console you Forestcraft is one of the best performing for me, I usually snatch at worst 3 wins.

Cannot say I got to 5 sadly since the one time I got it the last match was a disconnect in my favor.

I have been 4-1 twice with forest and got my first 5-0 with the following deck. Pixie paradise was greatly beneficial due to fairy beast, rose queen and forest giant. I feel that forest is extremely underrated. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Just posting this one to throw Skeletor a bone(r) and because it ended up being so strong my opponents didn't stand a ghost of a chance at any point in the entire run and felt like it could go 10-0 if given the chance. Also because puns are good for the soul \o/

deck1.png

deck2.png

You need a consistent curve or a lot of luck to do well at arena. Also, you need to avoid picking some of the god-awful arena cards I have seen people playing lately. Vampire Bard? Dragonrider Devil? Arthurian Light? Petal Fencer? Seriously.

Looks like all of the decks above have:

2-3 one drops

8-12 two drops

6-8 three drops

4+ four drops followed by spells and lategame cards. That's just solid drafting, which would probably take some players time to figure out how to do in the Take Two format, where it can be especially hard to get the cards you want.

The only decks I get consistent 5 wins are Sword, Dragon, and Shadow. Exclude most neutral spells/creatures except Execute.

Dragon: Take Oracle, Dragon Knight, Dragon Warrior whenever possible. Great additions besides legendary are Orb Dragon, Dread Dragon, Leviathan, Cavalier. Dragon Cry is pretty okay.

Sword: Take Floral Fencer/Otohime whenever possible. Sage Commander and Rousing step are good. Keep low/mid curve.

Shadow: Take Playful Necromancer, Death's Breath whenever possible. Mordecai is good as well. Keep low/mid curve. Aggressive is okay if running Rabbit and Cursed Soldier.

That feel when a godawful draft makes you think you're going to go 2-3 at best and then it aces <3

rune1.pngrune2.png

Edited by Pmurk